Thursday, September 15, 2022

Sepia Saturday 639 - Mothers and Prams



This week's image shows a woman with a baby in a pram. And for once I seem to have a number of them in my family archives. So here goes.


This one is of my husband's grandmother, Rosa Needle with three of her four children. The babies in the pram are twin boys - Frederick Alexander and Ronald Arthur - and their older sister Phyllis Rosa. Ronald went on to be my father-in-law, but Frederick sadly died when he was 14 years old.



This one taken in 1963 shows me with our eldest daughter - one of the early colour slides -taken at the Darwin Show.




And here both daughters with their own prams/pushers. I have to say these prams more often held puppies, kittens or rabbits - neither little girl being very interested in dolls.




Then along came baby brother and the girls were only too happy to push around a 'real' baby doll.


These last photos are not family ones, but a few that I have collected along the way. Enjoy.



Sharing with the dog!!



A fun way to be pushed along.



A rather precarious way to take baby for a ride. Can you imagine this being allowed these days!!



Thank you for viewing my blog. To see how my fellow Sepians have interpreted this theme please follow the link Sepia Saturday.


Liz Needle


4 comments:

  1. I can see why your daughters would definitely choose a live little animal over a stuffed doll to play with! Cute photos all! And I just hope it was a doll in that last one rather than any live baby!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope that was a packet of lunch in the last one. Seems that there would be sides if you were going to carry a baby back there!

    ReplyDelete
  3. All great photos but I like your first one best just because of that enormous wicker pram. Just this past week in my neighborhood I've seen two modern fathers transporting their children in a 21st century way. The first dad was zipping along on a mono-wheel electric skateboard with his toddler in a backpack chair. The second dad came racing down the street on a different kind of electric uni-wheel while pulling a collapsible wagon with his kid aboard. They all wore bicycle helmets but it looked terribly unsafe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. A wonderful selection of photos. I particularly love the second one with the wicker pram. You still see these here and there at antique shops. And the photo of your girls with their brother in the pram is delightful!

    ReplyDelete