Sunday, September 18, 2022

Busy Fingers

I find it very difficult to sit and do nothing on cold wintery nights, so I tend to pick up some handwork to do. This year as a change from my usual crocheting or cross stitch, I decided to go back to knitting. But what to knit - then Spotlight had a sale on baby wool. Just what I needed. Small quick items. But no new babies in the family, nor the likelihood of any for some years.


Then inspiration hit. The Chidren's Hospital. Surely they had some mothers come in who needed hand knitted woollies for their new borns. So my new craze began. Now, a few months later I have 20 little jimpers/cardigans and twelve little beanies to find homes for.




Just a few samples first


Now the whole lot.






Now to parcel them up and send the to the Children's Hospital. Hopefully they'll be able to find them good homes. Hmm what next??

Liz Needle

2 comments:

  1. These are fantastic. Some lucky little babes will be outfitted well and warm! I used to do an afghan each winter...on huge circular needles...well just gauge 9 I think.

    ReplyDelete