Sunday, January 15, 2017

Weekend Flowers


This week I am featuring a few of the Australian native flowers that I have photographed recently. Our native flowers are unique and unlike plants from anywhere else in the world, due to the isolation of Australia over tens of thousand years


Some of the banksias.












A pretty bottlebrush - possibly a Melaleuca  nematophylla




And these are Callistemons






I love the colour of this callistemon



This is, I think a Dryandra




I have no idea what this is. One of the Grevilleas perhaps?  Very tall - the flowers spikes stood about 9 feet in the air above the needle like leaves of the parent shrub. This one I found in the Cranbourne gardens in Melbourne - no name that I could find.




This is definitely a Grevillea.





A little taste of Australia for you to enjoy.


Liz Needle  -  linking with "Floral Friday Fotos" .








3 comments:

  1. Beautiful blooms that both insects and birds enjoy as well as us humans

    ReplyDelete
  2. Heisann... they are so impressing in shape, colour and design. Very beautiful. I have been to Australia, but can´t remember seing them except the red Callistemons ...Have a nice week ;:OD)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Liz, I'm catching up with your posts... these natives are all so lovely and in particular I love the Grevilleas, so do our birds! Cheers :D)

    ReplyDelete