Monday, January 25, 2016

My World - Monday Mural

I was driving along a main road through Port Adelaide and in the distance, across an expanse of  water, docks, bitumen paving, weeds and deserted areas, I caught sight of this  mural.  I drove on and then I decided, what the heck, I am going back to find it. I had a rough idea of the general direction, but no clear idea how to get there.

I turned down narrow lanes, across wasteland, through old factory yards and finally came out on a cleared parking area - and there it was.



I hope no one asks me to find it again!



Liz Needle  -  linking with "Monday Mural" and "Blue Monday".






16 comments:

  1. I like the girl's portrait. I'm not sure about the other one.
    Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for all the efforts you made to find it. It is a beautiful one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It indeed is so beautiful! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. down narrow lanes, across wasteland, through old factory yards is where you find murals in this area

    ReplyDelete
  5. The portrait is really good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good on you for going back to find these. I like the portrait too.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like both the pieces.
    The woman's face is very realistic - nicely photographed.
    Have a Beautiful Day!!
    Peace :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, I know what you mean about taking photo of something but then totally forgetting how to get back there again!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Liz,

    Clearly, this shot was worth the return trip. Thanks for playing today.

    Have a Beautiful Blue Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I would have done the same as you. I make sudden stops and turns all the time. This is very different and glad you took the time to share.

    ReplyDelete
  11. And that was worth it, I see.
    Great find, Liz. So much colour!

    ReplyDelete
  12. WOW...that was worth going back to find. It really is awesome...it is one of those things I am not sure I like but am totally fascinated by. Just totally wild and I could look and look at it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It was worth the trip, thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. A long journey but with a rich reward at the end. Good on ya. Thanks for contributing to this week's Monday Mural.

    ReplyDelete