Friday, June 05, 2015

Photo a Day 101 - Violets are Blue


My violets are just beginning to flower. Since childhood they have been my favourite flowers. I can remember we used to be able to buy posies of violets from the green grocers for less than a shilling and we loved to give them to Mum as a surprise.

I had a littlr garden as a child and it was always full of violets and primroses and smelled so gorgeous in the mornings and evenings.  Now I have violets and primroses growing in my garden. The primroses are holding their own, but the violets are growing wild under all the shrubs. They remind me of my childhood.




 
 
Liz Needle  -  Linking for "Floral Friday Fotos"
 
 
 
 
 
 



5 comments:

  1. Violets are all amongst some of my irises, and I love them being there. Even their leaves are pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love these beautiful flowers !!
    Greetings

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very pretty! I've found lots of blue violets here as well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wonderful macro of this beautiful, fragrant flower, Liz.
    Thank you for participating in Floral Friday Fotos, your contributions are always appreciated.

    ReplyDelete