Saturday, January 17, 2015

Photo a Day 17 - The Needles

As a child I always wanted to be part of a large family, but there were only 2 of us, so I married into one.  My husband Don is one of 6 boys, though sadly the eldest one Fred is no longer with us.  These shots were taken in the early 80s when the whole family got together.


Beards were obviously in.  Paul, Fred, Kym, Peter, Don and Mark



Peter, Don, Mark, Kym, Paul and Fred


And the wives  - Jane, Liz, Essel, Denise and Jill  -  much more attractive to look at!!




And the next generation of Needles  -  The kids!!  For a family of 6 boys, they produced mainly female offspring. There are four not there.

I got what I wanted - a large family.

Liz Needle

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liz what a lovely large family you have. God has blessed you. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. adorable crew. the boys look a lot like my family. 4 brothers all with thick beards most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Six boys! My goodness, THAT must have been a household!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The boys' family life must have been chaotic.

    ReplyDelete