Saturday, November 28, 2015

Photo a day 187 -- Sepia Saturday

Well, I for one, am quite glad that we are repeating the theme this week.  Having been very neglectful of this great meme for some time, I got all enthusiastic last week and found some photos  -  then I forgot to do my post until Tuesday, which was a bit late.

Very pleased to see that I could use my finds this week instead.

Most of the children playing photos seem to feature mainly boys, so I went looking for some 'girl' type shots.  This one I found seemed fairly typical of little girls of the forties and fifties  -



and sure enough, when I went through my own family photos I came across these , taken in the early sixties. I hope my daughters don't look at my blog this week.




Mind you, this was a fairly rare photo - first because they do not appear to be fighting and secondly because neither of them was particularly interested in dolls and girlie things.






Liz Needle  -  linking with "Sepia Saturday".




10 comments:

  1. You can tell the children in your photographs are happy and are enjoying themselves. My girls don't mind appearing in my posts but my older son is a bit less enthusiastic, so I try not to identify him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the dress-up hats in the last one! Great combination...playing with dolls (I didn't like them, either) and fiddling through the dress-up box!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love these old photos. they look great in B & W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Party photos are a challenge for any photographer to get children standing still and smiling. I suspect girls have always been easier to pose than boys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eye is immediately drwn to those hats. Just great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have a photo of myself with a buggy similar to the one in the first photo. My sisters, who were several years younger, had strollers more like the ones in the second photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those were great ol' baby buggies. I loved playing with my dolls and strolling them around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This has awakened a few memories of my own and I’m glad you decided to use these charming photos that you found for the first post.

    ReplyDelete
  9. At six or seven I received a baby buggy like the one in the first photo...and I was such a happy little girl! That meant my dollies all get piled together to be pushed around the yard. I don't know how long before I tired of that game, however.

    ReplyDelete