Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Photo a Day 167 - Blue Wren


Perhaps my favourite garden visitor is the Superb Fairy-Wren (malurus cyaneus). We are lucky to have a number of them as our garden has many of the low, bushy shrubs which they love. Strangely, we very rarely find a nest though we have hatchlings every year.



This fellow was sitting on a tree fern frond in the garden in front of my kitchen window. Luckily I had cleaned the window the previous day so I was able to get a good shot as he sat and posed, unaware that I was inside busily shooting him.




Liz Needle - linking with "Wild Bird Wednesday" and "Outdoor Wednesday".










11 comments:

  1. They are usually tricky guy to get a decent photograph as they move quickly alot so you re very fortunate you were insie adn he did not see you. Lovely shots

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. I sit on the veranda for hours hoping to get one to freeze long enough to focus.. Thanks for visiting.

      Delete
  2. I don't think I have ever seen a cuter bird! Wonderful pics!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning shots, especially the first! They are such wonderful little birds. You couldn't be sad when watching one!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo Liz, love the depth of field.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Perfect photograph of this blue wren.
    JM, IL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous! Even his grey is blue :)
    ... That photo would make a wonderful design for a quilt too! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a little beauty! Gorgeous captured!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photo! I can never capture these little guys in a good photo - they are such a joy to watch though.

    ReplyDelete