Thursday, November 12, 2015

Photo a day 168 - Good Fences


One of the things I really like about the old Victorian and Edwardian houses in Sydney and Adelaide is the beautiful wrought iron used on the balconies and fences. You often find the same pattern repeated - I guess a particular pattern became "the thing" and was used over and over, just like any fashion fad today.
Here are a few of the iron fences I snapped in Sydney.









I know I took more, but I can't find them. I'll try to get some Adelaide examples for next week.

Liz Needle -  linking with "Good Fences".




15 comments:

  1. Hello, the houses are gorgeous and I love the jacaranda blooms? Lovely fence scenes and photos. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my goodness, nice places!! love that fancy wrought iron!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It really was a fashion fad and they did it so well! I love the purple tree in the first pic and the detail in the ironwork in the next one is amazing!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice old homes, and pretty leaves on that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice old homes, and pretty leaves on that tree!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous homes, great ffences and lovely area

    ReplyDelete
  7. These places are so beautiful aren't they. I enjoyed them all. Thanks for sharing this day.

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are wonderful! Love the houses.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Grand home all fences in, but my eye caught the lovely blooming tree.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh how very pretty. I like that they have matching patterns on the fences and the home balconines. The homes are quite lovely and those flowering trees are delightful.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think they are quite lovely. You just don't see that kind of detail today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wonderful! I don't think I have ever seen any wrought iron quite this ornate!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous and ornate! Reminds me a bit of some of the victorian homes I've seen in New Orleans.

    ReplyDelete