Wednesday, March 11, 2015

Wild Bird Wednesday

I spent some time outdoors this week when I visited the wetlands at Mount Barker and spent a quick 30 minutes trying to get shots of some of the water birds there.

This was not a good shot of the Black-fronted Dotterel, but he refused to cooperate, moving every time I got anywhere near him. Better luck next time I hope. The reflection looks OK though.




 I had better luck with the Dusky Moorhens. They were far less shy and quite obliging.






This is a straw-necked ibis. We get them in our front paddock as well.  He looks as if he has a definite purpose in mind and is striding towards it.



Liz Needle  -  linking with "Wild Bird Wednesday" and "Outdoor Wednesday"..



10 comments:

  1. Sometimes those birds just won't stay still for a picture. Never mind about the dotterel though because the Straw-necked Ibis is a great shot.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful handsome shorebird the dotterel is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your Moorhens are similar to our Mud Hens---well sorta.
    MB

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh awesome finds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI Liz That last shot is not a Straw necked Ibis but a White necked Heron. You images are lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like the cute dotterel.. And the Moorhens are similar to the ones here. I do love the Straw-necked Ibis, cool bird. Great shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic pictures, and a great reflection captured on the first one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great photos! I particularly love the ibis!

    ReplyDelete