Friday, October 13, 2006

Musings

Friday October 13th

Wow! I didn't realise until I added the date that today is Friday 13th. It's always been lucky for me because I was born on the 13th, although not of October.
It seems that writing blogs is becoming the in thing - at least among my friends. I read other blogs and wish that I could sound as funny, interesting, original as they are, but I'm not, so you'll just have to put up with my ordinary accounts of a quite ordinary life.

This week I have spent a lot of time in the garden and slowly it is beginning to look its pretty spring self. The roses are about to burst into flower and the spring perennials are already adding colour to the greenery. I have arum lilies growing wild all along the creek. I always get a giggle out of this because I see them for sale in flash florist shops and they cost an arm and a leg. A bit like the Waratahs. They sell for $7 each - our bush must have been worth a small fortune this year!



Irises in the garden




Looking towards the dam with arum lilies in the background

Today we had lunch with Jo and helped her mulch up rose prunings with Don's new whizz-bang muncher. Her garden is looking lovely although the few days of hot weather have knocked it around far more than they did our garden. She's in a warmer and drier area than we are. Still, she has some pretty spots as evidenced by the little ground cover here.

Reading through my blog, one might get the impression that I am a very one-sided person who only gardens. Not so. It's just that I started this in the holidays and that is when I do most of my gardening. I had every intention of quilting these holidays, but it just didn't work out. Maybe next time I get to this blog , I'll just write about quilts. Now, unless you are a quilter that may well put you to sleep, dear readers.

Back to school on Monday - before then I have a mountain of marking I have bee putting off and a term program to write. There truly is no rest for the wicked.

Liz


2 comments:

  1. I like reading your detailed accounts of daily life Liz, you write in an interesting way. BTW, do you happen to know what that ground cover is, it's very pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your garden pictures Liz.
    I updated mine with some pictures and with my usual panache I have managed to lose my identity or password.
    Never mind it has been a long standing rarely updated private sort of blog, but maybe it is time to keep regular and at least post garden photos.

    ReplyDelete