Saturday, May 23, 2020

Sepia Saturday 521






Sepia Saturday this week is about cars and trophies and wherever else this picture takes you. For me it's cars - vintage and veteran cars. I love them.

Close to where we live is the Australian National Motor Museum and I have spent many hours wandering around admiring the myriad of beautiful vehicles. Each year they organise a Bay to Birdwood run when vintage and veteran cars from all over this state and others drive from Glenelg, a beachside suburb of Adelaide up into the Adelaide Hills to Birdwood, home of the museum some 40 plus kilometres away, up steep and winding roads. Some of the vehicles stall along the way, but a surprising number make it.

Several years ago Don and I made the journey in a thirties Oldsmobile owned by our daughter's partner. We felt very grand driving in this gracious old lady and waving regally to the many spectators along the way. Here is a selection of the cars that took part - converted to black and white in keeping with the Sepia Saturday theme.

The Oldsmobile we travelled in.

Model T Ford
Not sure what, but American I think
Had to put this one in colour - always dreamed of owning one.

Silver Jaguar - would have given an arm and a leg for this.

A Humber - my Dad drove one of these, but not this model

Austin 7


Morris Minor - remember these as a teenager. Often the first car we could afford in those days.


I could keep going, but would hate to bore you.  I hope you enjoyed mr selection of golden oldies.

Liz Needle  -  linking with "Sepia Saturday".


PS. I've added this one in colour because one of my readers wanted it in sunshine yellow. This is the actual colour.









11 comments:

  1. Oooo - I'd like to have that third little convertible number all jazzed up. What a kick zipping around town in that babe - in sunshine yellow and black! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Actually the colour is a creamy yellow and black. Don't know the make of car, but it caught my eye too.

      Delete
  2. Not bored at all - I love looking at old cars!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Not something I have ever been into, but it is great to see you enjoying your passion in such an enthusiastic fashion,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really a passion, David, just something I have always been interested in. I really do't do anything except look at them and admire the design.

      Delete
  4. My first car was a morris minor, how I loved that car. No syncro between the gears so at times it was a little rough changing gears. And when the car petrol gage read emplty, the car stop there was no reserve tank like there is in car today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great photos of those beautiful vintage cars, especially the silver Jaguar...stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So many of the cars brought back memories - my father drove an Austin 7 and later a Morris Minor. But no-one in the family owned a silver Jag. - what a pity!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What handsome cars and a great selection of the lovelies.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for showing that sweet little convertible in color. I knew it would look perfect in yellow and the fact that it really IS that color says it all! :))

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lovely cars to see and probably to drive. But for just a day. In good weather. On the flat. The improvements in power, handling, reliability, and comfort make modern cars so much better in nearly every way except style. That's what makes these cars desirable. Classic design.

    ReplyDelete