Thursday, February 16, 2012

The colour Blue

The recent hot summer days have seen my garden start to dry out and look tired. I look back on the carefree days when we were able to water at will and the garden was green and fresh during summer. Those days alas are gone and my garden is suffering.

The one bright spot in the garden are the glorious agapanthas with their striking blues. I delight every time I pass a window and look out on the clumps of blue. They lift the garden and lift my spirits.


This dark,almost navy, blue is a stunner. This is the first year they have flowered.



I still like the original colour though. They make a lovely show and are in all the Hills gardens at the moment.





This little sunny spot is called Granny's Grotto because my mother loved to sit here and read. Over the past few years it has had a lot of changes as it suffered a lot of damages when a willow came down in a storm. Before that it was a very shady spot.
I'm sure Granny would still enjoy it though.



New additions to the garden are these delightfully quirky flamingos - a wedding anniversary gift from some very old and dear friends.


I'll have to think of a name for them. Any ideas?


Liz












No comments:

Post a Comment