Monday, October 24, 2016

Sepia Saturday 2

October is running away from me, so I had better get on with my transport shots. More from the family album.








This time I am looking at human powered wheels of various kinds.


From Two Wheelers
These dapper young men belonged to a German youth club in Adelaide in the 1890s.


And my uncle (far right) and friends with their decorated Billy Cart taken around 1916





To Three Wheelers - taken about 1940.  His first trike.



And this elegant lady in her Invalid carriage, dating back to the 1870s, I think.





To Four Wheelers  -  my daughters and their baby carriages  around 1967



And one of the girls in a cart with her pet Dingo - Ginger. He was a beautiful dog, sadly stolen one night. Taken in Darwin in 1965.





And these delightful children's carriages are not from my collection, but I could not resist them.








Liz Needle  -  linking with Sepia Saturday.  







3 comments:

  1. These photos are truly treasures! Love the ones of your daughters!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really interesting and fun photos!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a delightful collection of photographs, but how dreadful l that the family's pet dog was stolen.

    ReplyDelete