Well, I have found a project to get me going again. I just haven't felt like sewing anything except ATCs - and then not very many!!
Barbara Brackman has a Civil War Quilt challenge - a block a week for the year. The blocks aren't all that difficult - except she has designed them all as 8 inch blocks, and that is proving a challenge - sizes like 3 3/16ths etc. Still I am enjoying it. Has a number of plus points for it:
1. It is using up many of my old repro fabrics - oh goodie, an excuse to buy new ones! Some of mine date back 15 years and there are so many lovely new collections around that I couldn't justify buying while I had boxes of the earlier ones!!
2. I love repro scrap quilts and I can indulge to my heart's content.
3. I also love the old traditional blocks, though I like using modern methods of making them.
4. I have a week to finish a block - that I can manage.
5. I am enjoying the online group - Barbara's blog and the Flickr group with comments and photos. Amazing how computers and quilting can bring people of like interests together across miles of land and ocean!
Here are some of my blocks - not always to my satisfaction, but hey - I have a year to play with them if I don't like them.
Catch me if you can
More to come.