Friday, November 05, 2010

ATCs 1910-1920

The next set of ATCs. Less swappers this time.



Christine McKenna kept going with her 'corset' theme with these beauties. I can remember my mother wearing something similar.


















Some of my very early memories are of buying poppy badges on Remembrance Day. It was a day my mother and father held very dear. This was my card from this decade.





On September 1st, 1912 the Golden Wattle was declared Australia's National Flower and was incorporated into the coat of arms with the kangaroo and the emu.

1st September then became Wattle Day. I don't know if it is still celebrated.

This exquisite card was made by Pam Murray






The last card in this set depicts WW1 - Gallipoli and in particular Anzac Day - April 25th, 1915. This very evocative card was created by Cathy Smith.

Liz Needle

No comments:

Post a Comment